Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ahh the good ol days...


...when 12 or more of us sat elbow to elbow into the space of 870 square feet. Itunes played in our individual earbuds but we were still close enough to hear each other think. Our “kitchen” consisted of a box of power bars, a microwave and coffee maker sitting on top of the flat files, an endlessly dripping water cooler and miniature fridge which had a maximum capacity of 4 soft drinks and two leftover trays. There was the long magnetic crit wall that I most often used as a wallpaper version of a file cabinet. A single phone line rang in the office where Dorothy would simply call across the room. I think I could count on one hand the number of times the call wasn't for me. Twice we watched as the Irish band performed and kegs of beer were stacked just below my office window during the Orange Food Festival. Everyday about 6pm conversations in the bar below overpowered our own. And of course, no one could forget Blue Frog Bakery and the Courdin Bleu at Felix's. Mmmm. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water.

As I look at this picture and back at the moment we all stood on that Frank Lloyd Wright inspired staircase, nostalgic memories of all those shared moments flood back. I’m so thankful for those two years spent at Jensen building and blessed for how that cramped office was so instrumental in making Menagerie Creative the close-knit team we are today.

0 comments: