Thursday, October 1, 2009

From the desk of Dean (AKA Berry)




The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
There is nothing like taking in the awful, weird, and mind-boggling things that people do in this crazy mixed up world with a little humor and Stewart delivers this in spades.

www.opencongress.org
A fantastic website that brings together official government data with news coverage, blog posts, public comments, and more to give you the real story behind what's happening in Congress. Power to the people!

Dexter
I won't tell you how I occasionally relate to Dex, that might make me come off strange.

Color Management for Packaging:
My first published work and an excellent reference. Not only does it feature my package, it also includes lots of great examples and also goes in-depth into the technical aspects of packaging design like color theory, printing, and materials. Did I mention I have a two-page spread inside? Pages 24-25. Check it out.

30-Second Theories
Chaos Theory, Unification, the Theory of Relativity? Schrödinger’s Cat, and the Laws of Motion? I dig science!

The End of Faith
Is faith the only thing keeping the fractured world together or does it inspire the worst of human atrocities? Throw on your magic underwear and follow Sam Harris through the looking glass to find out!

5-Hour Energy
Cheap....quick MORE EFFECTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! than coffee. I neeedd mooooore! my designs depend on it.

Planters Nut•rition Trail Mix
This is a back up plan incase my cases of 5-Hour Energy run out or i consume the maximum US daily allotment of caffeine.

Adobe Photoshop
Meet my wife. We work together, we live together, we create beautiful things together, we fight, and sometimes in the middle of something important she leaves me hanging. I just feel I do all the work in the relationship.


0 comments: