Tuesday, April 1, 2008

You know you're a geek when...


Okay, okay, you can all laugh, but that silly Wiggles poster I made today was a hit in San Diego. Some of you may remember a couple years back I photoshopped together a bunch of photos I took from the 2005 Wiggles concert, painted it then printed 5 copies on linen paper and delivered to the 2006 Wiggles concert in Long Beach. I never heard anything after that and was never sure they actually received the prints...that is until tonight.

The kids and I sat in the 3rd row and during the first couple songs, I caught Anthony (blue wiggle) staring at the poster propped on the chair. A few songs later, the guys took a break from singing and read the signs in the audience and thanked the kids. Well, before they finished, Anthony read our sign and asked if he could bring it on stage and share with the audience. He said the illustration was "fantastic" (his words not mine...LOL) and asked if I had done it. He also said that he had one just like it, so I guess the originals really did get passed along. Anthony's shook Hayden’s hand before taking the poster and propping it against the drum set where it sat for the rest of the night. After the show, Haydent wanted to get it back but since the guys weren't doing a meet and greet to sign and take pictures, I told the kids they should sign it themselves and leave it for the Wiggles to enjoy.

The night was a great way to end this phase of the kids’ toddler years as they have definitely moved on from the “baby songs” They were more absorbed with the free sticker sheet than getting up and dancing. Not hip hop enough for Hayden.

Sorry the pictures suck but my camera battery died and had to resort to the iphone, but I'm sure everyone will "get the picture.”

Oh yeah, and Captain Feathersword still rocks :[)

0 comments: